I did not see that coming.
The LX100 saga is finally over.
I got an email form Panasonic letting me know that not only did my LX100 need a sensor cleaning, but that the lens was bad, too.
I called to authorize the work and give them my credit card info. I was told that, in all, it would cost roughly $375 US to repair and ship back to me. Bummer. A lot more than I’d anticipated.
Then I was told I had the option to purchase a refurbed LX100 for less than $200. Yay. Let’s do that. Happy boy.
About 10 minutes after I hung up I got a call from the agent that’d helped me apologizing because it turns that they’re fresh out of refurbished LX100s. Bummer.
At this point my only other option was to purchase a new one for a little more than $100 over the cost of repairs.
The get to keep my old LX100.
I ran all this by the CFO of Morris Enterprises, and she approved the expenditure. The new camera arrived today. So clean!
Here’s hoping I get at least 4 years use out of it!